Re: pgstat: remove delayed destroy / pipe:

From: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pgstat: remove delayed destroy / pipe:
Date: 2006-04-19 15:16:42
Lists: pgsql-patches

I'm still planning on doing this.

I did add a loop around the second WSARecv in pgwin32_recv() as that
was our best guess about where the error was coming from. As it turns
out, that's apparently not the case and I haven't had a chance to come
back to it yet.

It might be that my original patch (putting the loop in piperead()) is
the best approach. All indications are that it fixes the problem and
it's the lowest impact change. I'm still quite curious what API call is
returning the WSAEWOULDBLOCK though...

Pete

>>> Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> 04/19/06 5:07 am >>>
Would someone generate a patch that includes all the new ideas and
post
it here? Thanks.