Re: PostgreSQL and Access - relink

From: "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Jonathan Blitz <jb(at)anykey(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Access - relink
Date: 2006-04-18 15:43:09
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have used the AttachDSNLessTable function from the Microsoft knowledge base article: 892490.
Just Google: Access DSNless connection 892490
Cut the function and paste the function. Then you can call it from you application and use the fact that
it provides for the tables alias (local) name to smooth out the difference between linked table naming
conventions ("mytable" instead of "public_mytable"(PostgreSQL) or "dbo_mytable"(SQL Server), or
"myuser_mytable"(oracle)).