Re: Error wirh text type field

From: "Campbell, Greg" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: "Sistemas C(dot)M(dot)P(dot)" <sistemascmp(at)redynet4(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error wirh text type field
Date: 2006-04-17 17:09:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Your English is fine.

I did a Google search on "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors" (with the quotes), and found
many interesting hits.

I believe the problem may be with the length of the data in the RichTextBox being either 0 or too long.
There may be some settings in the ODBC driver to help (Text As LongVarChar, Max LongVarChar length).

Does the length of the data  affect the error: Len(RichTextBox.Text)?
Could you reply with a small section of code (code snippet)?
You might want to try to log (ODBC Driver setting MyLog).
What version of pgodbc driver?
What version of PostgreSQL?