Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right

From: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Permission denied on fsync / Win32 (was right
Date: 2006-04-14 19:48:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Apparently we got lucky on all four servers with the latest cycle, so
nothing to report.  Load (both reading and writing) is quite light today
so perhaps the bug is only triggered under a higher load.  It seems the
problem typically doesn't show up on weekends either (when load is also
much lighter for us).

In any case, we're logging the relfilenodes before and after now, so
I'll post again when the problem crops up again next week.

Pete

>>> Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> 04/14/06 2:41 am >>>
OK ... but what's still unclear is whether the failures are occurring
against the old relfilenode (the one just removed by the CLUSTER) or
the
new one just added by CLUSTER.  If you note the relfilenodes assigned
these tables just before and just after the next cycle of CLUSTERs, it
should be easy to tell what the complaints refer to.