Re: right sibling is not next child

From: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: right sibling is not next child
Date: 2006-04-12 13:24:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

It is repeatable. A reindex doesn't work.

Pete

bigbird=# vacuum analyze "MaintCode";
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint
"pg_statistic_relid_att_index"

bigbird=# vacuum analyze verbose "MaintCode";
INFO: vacuuming "public.MaintCode"
INFO: index "MaintCode_pkey" now contains 19 row versions in 2 pages
DETAIL: 0 index pages have been deleted, 0 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: "MaintCode": found 0 removable, 19 nonremovable row versions in
1 pages
DETAIL: 0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 0 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: vacuuming "pg_toast.pg_toast_90472"
INFO: index "pg_toast_90472_index" now contains 0 row versions in 1
pages
DETAIL: 0 index pages have been deleted, 0 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: "pg_toast_90472": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions
in 0 pages
DETAIL: 0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 0 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: analyzing "public.MaintCode"
INFO: "MaintCode": scanned 1 of 1 pages, containing 19 live rows and 0
dead rows; 19 rows in sample, 19 estimated total rows
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint
"pg_statistic_relid_att_index"

bigbird=# reindex table pg_statistic;
ERROR: could not create unique index
DETAIL: Table contains duplicated values.

bigbird=# select * from "MaintCode";
maintCode | colorAttrb | descr | isActive |
maintPriority | stopsTheClock | videoAttrb | wcisSpecStatus
-----------+------------+---------------------------+----------+---------------+---------------+------------+----------------
AA | R | Annual accounts | t |
75 | t | N |
AP | R | Appeal | t |
30 | f | N |
AW | R | Awaiting Papers | t |
80 | f | N |
BA | R | Bankruptcy | t |
20 | t | N | S05
CI | R | Case Inactive | t |
60 | f | N | S03
CS | R | Consent decree | t |
90 | t | N |
DP | R | Deferred judgt./prosecute | t |
40 | t | N | S07
EF | R | Electronic filing | t |
33 | f | N |
ES | R | Extension | t |
55 | t | N |
EX | R | Expungement | t |
5 | f | N |
FX | R | Future expungement | t |
93 | f | N |
IN | R | Interpreter | t |
53 | f | N |
JR | R | Judicial review | t |
75 | t | N |
RO | R | Reopen | t |
35 | f | N |
SL | R | Sealed Record | t |
85 | f | N |
SM | R | Sentence modification | t |
43 | f | N |
SU | R | Case suspended | t |
45 | t | N |
UA | R | Under Advisement | t |
50 | f | N | S02
WA | R | Warrant issued | t |
10 | t | F | S04
(19 rows)

bigbird=#

"Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov> writes:
> Also, when I tried to run a database-wide VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE it
> actually doesn't even get to Panel and errors out with:

> ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint
> "pg_statistic_relid_att_index"

Hm, my eyebrows just disappeared over the back of my head somewhere.
Is that repeatable? Does a REINDEX on pg_statistic make it go away?

regards, tom lane

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq