Re: BUG #2382: Fail ODBC Connection

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Genaro Gambino <ggambino(at)rcl(dot)cl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2382: Fail ODBC Connection
Date: 2006-04-10 09:52:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Genaro Gambino wrote:
> Details:
>
> I have a LINUX SERVER with POSTGRES working fine and a System in PHP working
> fine too, on INTRANET.
>
> But I install windows version on my Windows XP is fine, but I try to connect
> via ODBC form my PC to the Linux Server and it fails.
>
> I try every thing but it doesn't work

Genaro - I don't think this is necessarily a bug in PostgreSQL - it
could just be a configuration problem. Can I suggest you subscribe to
the pgsql-general mailing list and ask again there?

Before you repeat your question you'll want to:
1. Turn on connection logging on the server
2. Turn on odbc logging on the client
3. Check that the server is listening on port 5432
4. Check that you can connect to server port 5432 from the client (e.g.
with telnet)

This will give people the information they need to help you connect.

See you there!

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd