Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test, ok and closed

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
Cc: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC-Driver Test, ok and closed
Date: 2006-03-29 23:40:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Johann Zuschlag wrote:

>Hi Luv,
>Hi Hiroshi,
>Hi Dave,
>I'm sorry, but I made a mistake during my last tests.
>>It's not my work. I only fixed 08.01 branch since 08.01.0102.
>>The enahnced branch is Hiroshi (Inoue and Saito) work.
>Yeah, I know. But I hope your work for 8.01.0102 can be included in the future
>>>PostgreSQL 8.0X on Debian Sarge
>>>Unicode or LATIN1 or SQL-ASCII Database
>>You tried this all?
>Yes, and while doing so many initdb's I made a mistake with my locales for the
>last tests.
>Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>So my first test results where indeed correct. I'm sorry for keeping you all so
>busy. But I wanted to supply you with complete test results. So finally:
>concerning the ANSI/UTF8 problem the driver seems to work (at least for me :-)
>). WinME test will follow later.

Thanks for your testing.
What we've had so far is *locale* support which I've never used and
we've had
 no *collation* support unfortunaltely.

>Only some minor issues are left:
>- sometimes my application gives an (memory) error when leaving. (Will try to
>trace that)

I think this is fixed in the dll at .

>- continuously I get 'unknown configuration parameter "max_identifier_length"

7.4 doesn't seems to have the max_identifier_length parameter.
This may be fixed in the abov dll also..

>- Typ "lo" is not existing (I don't think my app is doing that)

This isn't an error at all, just checking the existence of lo type when
connecting to the server.

Hiroshi Inoue