Receiving INFO, WARNING, etc. (non-EXCEPTION) messages in ODBC

From: postgresql(dot)org(at)tgice(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Receiving INFO, WARNING, etc. (non-EXCEPTION) messages in ODBC
Date: 2006-03-27 23:51:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc
For various unimportant reasons, I'd like to pass informational /
warning messages back from either a pl/pgsql function or trigger to a
client using ODBC.  Currently, I'm able to use RAISE INFO or RAISE
WARNING to successfully pass back these information messages to (e.g.)
the pgAdmin query tool, but I don't get the messages in a ODBC client
that I'm pretty sure is checking the message returned with
SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO completion statuses.

Is this possible?  If so, what might I be missing in my SQL ODBC client,
and if not, do you have any suggestions for how I might accomplish this
in an equally simple and intuitive way through ODBC?

Thank you,

John Lawler

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Johann ZuschlagDate: 2006-03-28 14:01:05