Re: Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools

From: Andrea <andrea(dot)b73(at)email(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools
Date: 2006-03-23 16:37:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, thank you for the answer. However it's not very useful to me:

C:\>psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres -d postgres
psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

My main question is: given the command line

psql -h localhost -U postgres -d postgres

why at home is ok (and works without problems) and at office doesn't
work at all???

pg_hba.conf contains:

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5