Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools

From: Andrea <andrea(dot)b73(at)email(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems using PostgreSQL command line tools
Date: 2006-03-23 11:44:41
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi to all in the mailing-list! I am new and I have problems with command
line tools of PostgreSQL.

I have 2 computers, one at home and one at office. Both computers are
equipped with Windows 2000 Professional SP4. On both computers I have
installed PostgreSQL 8.1.3-1 (the latest at this moment).
Both installations are "clean", I have NOT modified any PostgreSQL
configuration file!

At home (where I have no problems), I can do:
C:\>psql -h localhost -U postgres -d postgres
Password for user postgres:

   [....]

postgres=#

At office, if I try to do the same thing, I get: