Fwd: RE: dump from access to pg on linux

From: Yury Don <yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: RE: dump from access to pg on linux
Date: 2000-06-14 04:59:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

This is a forwarded message
From: Fred Lecul <pp(dot)f(dot)lecul(at)bigpond(dot)com>
To: Yury Don <yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru>
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2000, 10:45:55 AM
Subject: [SQL] dump from access to pg on linux

I did this by using the postgres odbc drivers, I linked the postgres tables
in access
then I created an append query of the data I wanted to dump.
this worked without problems and was reasonably fast.
The only problem is you have to create the tables in postgres first.
I noticed another option that is to import to postgres, odbc text files that
youve created in access.
There may be other ways, but I hope this helps

Fred

Yury ICQ 11831432
mailto:yura(at)vpcit(dot)ru