Re: Tutorial

From: "Raymond O'Donnell" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tutorial
Date: 2006-03-20 12:01:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 18 Mar 2006 at 11:41, Bob Pawley wrote:

> So far I haven't been able to even get the Windows BDE Admin to
> recognize my Postgre database. It gives me an error on password.

I avoid BDE like the plague, as it adds a huge overhead to
applications and has to be installed separately at deployment. Since
Delphi 6 came out I've been using dbExpress instead - all you have to
do to deploy it is copy two or three DLLs. There's a (commercial)
driver for PostgreSQL at www.vitavoom.com which works very well.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod(at)iol(dot)ie Galway Cathedral Recitals