Re: psqlODBC Unicode 8.01.02.00 Driver "Overflows" On MS-Access

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Randy Yates <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC Unicode 8.01.02.00 Driver "Overflows" On MS-Access
Date: 2006-03-15 19:39:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I had one of these, too.

The date wasn't correctly formated in the Access table.
It was something like   11/1/106   which should have been entered as
1/11/2006.

It was a wee bit unpleasant to actually locate the line within the table.
I limited the export to chunks by a numeric primary key. First 1000 then
gradually narrowing down to the bad record.
I'd be cute if the error message contained some form of identifier like
the primary key. On the other hand how should odbc know what column of
some SELECT is an identifier?