setting up postgres 8.0.4-1

From: Gunnar Thielebein <gunnar_thielebein(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setting up postgres 8.0.4-1
Date: 2006-03-10 11:45:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I've set up postgresql  8.0.4-1 via cygwin_setup but had some
problems registering it as service and connecting to database.

I followed exactly the Cygwin/postgresql-8.0.4.README but this did not
worked for me first.

For installing as service with cygrunsrv I had to put --env
CYGWIN=server as additional parameter

e.g.

    # cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args
"-D /srv/pgsql \
    -i" --dep cygserver --termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown --env
CYGWIN=server

For initializing the superuser in the template1 database I had to put in
--user=postgres as additional parameter
(or your specified username postmaster is running with, you could
specifiy other username then loginname but this needs to be mapped in
pg_hba.conf ) to initdb

e.g.
    # /usr/sbin/initdb -D /srv/pgsql --user=postgres

By the way anyone know where I can set global (not user!) environmental
variables like this server stuff in cygwin (not in windows)?

Hope someone can benefit from this.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: マニーシュ シャルマDate: 2006-03-12 08:22:49