Re: What if?

From: Mike Ellsworth <nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What if?
Date: 2006-03-01 13:19:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:

>Mike,
>
>>Is there a way to do that or is this not possible (IRS, no checking
>>account, <insert reason>)?
>>
>>Yes/no/maybe?
>>

>Yes. You can make out a check to "Software in the Public Interest /
>Attention: PostgreSQL Fund". http://www.spi-inc.org/donations Money
>will be used for: infrastructure costs, promotion materials, legal fees
>and/or developer sponsorships, and governance over these funds is
>currently being organized (you're likely to become a member just by
>virture of donating). We are not able to accept designated gifts at this
>time.
>
>We'll have a Donor Page up RSN.
>
>Note that this is for the US and Canada only. Donors in France, Japan and
>Australia have local PostgreSQL organizations; donors elsewhere need to
>set one up!

Probably need a tad of clarification on what is above.

If sending a check, it needs to be made out to : "Software in the
Public Interest"

In the Memo area of the paper check: "Attention: PostgreSQL Fund"

They also have an option to donate via Credit Card (AMEX, VISA, MC or
Discover).
If you go this route, you can specify how to direct the funds. Note
that they nick the amount by 3%.
They also have a Bank wire option within the site.

Thanks,
Mike