Re: geckofixes.css harmful on linux

From: Tommy Gildseth <gildseth(at)start(dot)no>
To: Tuukka Tolvanen <tuukka(dot)tolvanen(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: geckofixes.css harmful on linux
Date: 2006-02-28 19:59:04
Lists: pgsql-www

Tuukka Tolvanen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://www.postgresql.org//layout/css/blue/geckofixes.css included from
> http://www.postgresql.org/layout/js/geckostyle.js included from e.g.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/datatype.html , says
>
> /* Gecko is broken with pre,tt,code sizes */
>
> and then proceeds to break pre,tt,code sizes for me on Gecko (firefox,
> linux). That is, the fixed width text in documentation is
> disproportionately large unless the rules specified in that file are
> dropped (the editcss extension is practical for testing fwiw).

It doesn't seem to have the same effect in my browser (Firefox 1.0.4 on
Debian). It looks just fine, but if I use editcss to remove the style
rules included from geckofixes.css, the text becomes *really* tiny.
Also tested in konqueror, and it looks fine there as well.

--
Tommy
http://design.twobarks.com/