Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2
Date: 2006-02-27 03:11:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> i don't have osx but i have had problems compiling pgadmin recently.
> i've been getting various compiler errors about the code in xmlwriter.h
> as far as i could tell. my libxml2 version was 2.6.20. after upgrading
> to 2.6.23, pgadmin compiled fine and the errors i got before went away.
> this was on suse 10.0. i have a 9.3 system also and also have problems
> compiling pgadmin, however with different errors (an older libxml2
> version).

Hm.. sounds more like older versions of libxml2 where incompatible with
the gcc version that comes with SuSE 10... Is this gcc 3.3, 3.4, or 4.0?

I believe the right thing to do would be to let configure compile some
test-code using xmlwriter.h to see if the libxml found is useable by pgadmin3.

I can't come up with a patch for this ATM, because I'm really the opposite
of an autoconf expert - But maybe someone here knows how to do that?

greetings, Florian Pflug