Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2

From: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildproblems on OSX 10.3 due to libxml2
Date: 2006-02-26 23:54:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

hi!

i don't have osx but i have had problems compiling pgadmin recently.
i've been getting various compiler errors about the code in xmlwriter.h
as far as i could tell. my libxml2 version was 2.6.20. after upgrading
to 2.6.23, pgadmin compiled fine and the errors i got before went away.
this was on suse 10.0. i have a 9.3 system also and also have problems
compiling pgadmin, however with different errors (an older libxml2 version).

so might there be a problem with libxml2 itself by any chance?

just thought this piece of info might help.

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> From: "Florian G. Pflug"<fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
>>> 2.6.16
>>
>> Which is exactly what I have on Tiger. Odd - perhaps Panther (or your
>> installation) is broken?
> I'd think Panther is broken... So the check should check for
> xmlwriter.h, and not for a
> specific version, I'd say.
>
> Maybe someone else here still running Panther can confirm that
> /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/xmlwriter.h
> is missing?

regards,

"... the small primitive tribes joined up and became huge, powerful
primitive tribes with more sophisticated weapons."
-- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods