Re: fsutil ideas

From: "Peter Brant" <Peter(dot)Brant(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Jim Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>,"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: fsutil ideas
Date: 2006-02-24 14:25:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
The code in question is written as C extension functions.  I think we
were thinking it might be something for contrib (although perhaps that
would be too much of an official blessing too?)

Pete

>>> "Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com> 02/24/06 8:04 am >>>
Isn't this something that could be accomplished entirely within a
function? I suppose it might have to be an untrusted language, but
that
still seems cleaner than putting it in the backend. Plus, ISTM that
something like perl is more likely to have a cross-platform means of
accomplishing this.