Re: Query tool results in grid

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query tool results in grid
Date: 2006-02-23 14:36:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Hm, apparently we have the word omission issue again...
IMNSHO the timing issue isn't really allevated, but remains as the major
issue.

> *How* that is implemented is another issue. I suspect that Andreas means
> he wants it encapsulated into ctlSqlResult, overriding the existing data
> population methods, rather than an extra layer of complexity between the
> data retreival code and ctlSqlResult.

What I mean is:
Recoding ctlSqlResult based on the current wxGrid seems a waste of time
to me. We're currently using wxGrid for View Data, and have enough
problems with it to get its in-line editing to work. Marking for copying
appears still non-flawless to me too.

While it certainly is a good idea to have a super ctlSqlResult2 or
something, based on wxGrid2 or whatever, that's capable of handling all
our needs for View Data or the Query Tool, the current base classes
don't seem appropriate.

Regards,
Andreas