Re: Finding the pqlib version

From: Christoph Zwerschke <cito(at)online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding the pqlib version
Date: 2006-02-21 22:34:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>> Perhaps the categories are not so well chosen altogether.
>
> That I can agree with :-) I beleive they were originally split so you
> could change the directory used for each part. But I don't think we
> allow that anymore.
>
> What would ppl suggest? Put it all together as one feature? Or keep
> grouping in part?

Yes, before deciding on where pg_config is put under Windows, we should
first consider whether the categories should be rearranged.

I think the fine granulation is ok, but if possible, the grouping in the
Win installer should parallel the package categories under Unix on the
first level. For instance, the libs are currently part of the devel
category on Win, while they are a separate package on Unix.

And I think you are right, --bindir, --sharedir and --version are
pg_config features that could be interesting for any installation, not
only if you compile something using the header files.

-- Christoph