Re: Cloning databases using rsync

From: David Gaudine <davidg(at)alcor(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cloning databases using rsync
Date: 2006-02-17 21:42:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom Lane wrote:

>This should work as long as both machines are identical processor
>architectures and have identical Postgres versions compiled with
>identical options. (Note that 8.1 tries harder than previous versions
>to detect option mismatch during server startup, but I wouldn't swear
>that it's bulletproof either.) I suspect you've broken one of these
>rules.

That encouraged me to try again. I previously claimed that /etc/postgresql
was the same on both systems (except stuff like IP addresses),
but to make sure I used rsync to copy /etc/postgresql to the second system.
Now it works, so I must have missed something in there, although I still
can't see any difference.
David