Re: PostgreSQL ad images

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL ad images
Date: 2006-02-17 16:37:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> I believe there was some concern by some of the graphics donors about re-using
> the graphics in commercial products. I guess I would just wonder if we
> should refuse graphics that are not BSD licensed? If we make clear as to
> which license applies to which graphics, I think we should be open to
> accepting more than just BSD.

In the essence of keeping things simple. They should just be BSD licensed.
We are not in the business of keeping track of IP rights.

The only way to be sure would be to require a specific license.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. I actually don't care if they are BSD but I think they should be "1"
license.

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/