Re: making duplicate of database for development

From: Tilman Baumann <tilman(dot)baumann(at)collax(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: making duplicate of database for development
Date: 2006-02-15 15:01:19
Lists: pgsql-admin
I made a dump with pg_dump -s -Fp --no-owner and removed the database
and schema definition ontop of the dump. Then i imported it into my new
Seems to work.

Is this how you do it? :)

Tilman Baumann schrieb:

>I like to make a copy of my existing database as a playgound/sandbox for
>Is there any advise ho to achive this?
>Maybe there are tips how to work with it. Recommended workflows for
>taking a snapsot of one database and transfer it to another (including
>schema) and backmerging the changes on the developmnt playground.
>Thank you.

Tilman Baumann
Software Developer
Collax GmbH . Boetzinger Stra├če 60 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany

p: +49 (0) 761-4514-836
f: +49 (0) 761-4563-793

****** Meet us at CeBIT  ******
LinuxPark, Halle 5, Stand E64/6