Re: Finding the pqlib version

From: Christoph Zwerschke <cito(at)online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Finding the pqlib version
Date: 2006-02-12 00:01:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Bruce Momjian wrote:
 > I was wondering that myself.  I am thinking you would need to use
 > dlopen() to check for the symbol.  Because the libpq version could
 > change after you compile, I can't see how you could make it a
 > configure check unless you said you don't allow changes to libpq
 > after the build.

The situation I was talking about is that you have a pre-compiled Python
and PostgreSQL installed on your system, together with their header
files, but you do not have the full source of Python and PostgreSQL
available. I want to be able to compile PyGreSQL as a Python extension
which is using functions from the python.dll and the libpq.dll, assuming
that the installed header files match the installed dlls.

-- Christoph