Re: Improved copying from Edit Data Grid - rough

From: "Edward Di Geronimo Jr(dot)" <edigeronimo(at)xtracards(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Improved copying from Edit Data Grid - rough
Date: 2006-02-03 20:01:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>It think the quoting used when copy here should be the one from Copy
>Quoting and not Export Quoting. I actually had it on my list to do that.
>While you're working in taht code anyway, maybe do that while at it?

Ok, I went back and did that as well. While in the process, I noticed
that the setting to quote only strings also resulted in numbers being
quoted. I redid the logic to fix that.

>Does this also fix the complete weirdness that you can have *both* a row
>*and* a cell in a different row selected at the same time? That keeps
>throwing me off all the time.

I didn't change the selection behavior at all, only the copy behavior.

This version of the patch cleans up the code from my last patch. I
changed the 3 overloaded versions of GetExportLine so that only 1
version does the real work. The other two versions simply modify the
input and call the real version.

One other addition in this version - if you hit copy without any cells
highlighted, it will copy the cell the cursor is in.

Ed