Reverting from subtables to no subtables.

From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias(at)starling(dot)us>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reverting from subtables to no subtables.
Date: 2006-02-01 23:39:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a table which has sub-tables. I'd like to lose the
sub-tables but keep any sub-table rows which are common to
the parent table...including their primary key which is also
common to the main table.

If I DROP the subtable, will I lose all its rows? Or only
the columns not common to the parent table?

How best should I do this?

TIA,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI