plpython error logs

From: "P(dot) Scott DeVos" <scott(at)countrysidetechnology(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plpython error logs
Date: 2006-01-31 15:21:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey all

When using the Fedora Core 4 rpms for plpython, I find that when an
error is raised, the error logger does not report the line number of the
python function where the error was raised which makes debugging the
functions very difficult.

Using the native Windows installer, the line number is reported.

I have tried changing the log level to debug5 and raising the verbosity
which gives the line number of the plpython.c module that reports the
error, but still does not give the line number of the actual plpython code.

Does anyone know how to enable this feature? Even better would be to
get the entire traceback to be logged.

Thanks,

Scott