Re: How to enumerate/drop user sessions in windows

From: Oliver Fürst <ofuerst(at)tsak(dot)net>
To: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
Cc: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to enumerate/drop user sessions in windows
Date: 2006-01-31 11:00:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On 31.01.2006 10:33, Howard Cole wrote:
> Now when the Database server is running on a linux server, I can run ps
> and pick the sessions that I want to kill. However how can I do this on
> windows? Is there a psql command to kill sessions?

As this is a bit hard to accomplish with Windows' own task manager, get
SysInternals free Process Explorer from here
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html and after
starting it, use Find -> Find Handle (CTRL + F) and search for
"postgres:". This will give you a similar output like "ps aux|grep
postgres:" on Linux.

If you then select on of the shown processes it will select the right
process in the main window, where you can right click and select "Kill
process" (DEL).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Oliver