Re: Query tool: Autocompletion

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query tool: Autocompletion
Date: 2006-01-30 13:29:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Thanks, patch applied with minor tweaking re: trailing spaces as
> discussed on IM, and documentation.

I eyeballed the multibyte handling, it looks ok to me. But I found some
nasty misbehaviours:

select * from pg_c<TAB>

- On Windows, a popup will appear. If you activate a different app (e.g.
the debugger which runs pgadmin), it will stay on top. Only selecting
the very ctlSqlBox window will let it disappear (this is the usual popup
window fun...)

- On Linux, pg_cast will appear instead of the popup.

- On Linux, every <Enter> will insert two \n, i.e. an additional empty
line that can't be addressed with the cursor. This is also true if
autotabcomplete is disabled (doesn't happen when reading a script from a
file).

Regards,
Andreas