Re: Patch: Query favourites

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: Query favourites
Date: 2006-01-29 19:23:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>Anyway, it could be rewritten to either not use XML at all, or to not
>use wxxml (say by linking directly to libxml, which is likely to be on
>the system already considering how many packages use it). It just makes
>it easier when you don't have to maintain the code youself.

There must be some XML stuff in std wx, since XRC uses XML, dunno how
reusable that is.

>As for the fact that you can already store them in standard files - sure
>you can. It's a matter of convenience.

Still appears as a duplication of features. What's wrong with "recent
files"?
Actually, I'd like it better to have a means of adding macros/scripts or
so to pgAdmin, i.e. wxPython. This would enable pgAdmin extensions,
keeping the pgAdmin core relatively pure.

Regards,
Andreas