Re: Query optimization with X Y JOIN

From: "Craig A(dot) James" <cjames(at)modgraph-usa(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query optimization with X Y JOIN
Date: 2006-01-26 16:12:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance pgsql-sql

First, this isn't really the right place to ask -- this forum is about performance, not SQL syntax.

Second, this isn't a question anyone can answer in a reasonable length of time. What you're asking for usually is taught in a class on relational database theory, which is typically a semester or two in college.

If you really need a crash course, dig around on the web for terms like "SQL Tutorial".

Good luck,
Craig