Re: can't get postgresql to start on cygwin...

From: "pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org" <pobox(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: ed(at)unidata(dot)ucar(dot)edu, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't get postgresql to start on cygwin...
Date: 2006-01-23 20:41:37
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I just sent this for another person (just subscribed to the list and
read all this from the web site so my replies are not really RE).

Hope this helps, but if not, let me know.

Iv

--

It seems that you are missing cygserver.

I am just doing some testing of 8.0.4 vs 8.1.2 under cygwin and I get
the same when I forget cygserver.

After you install cygwin, do the following -

export CYGWIN=server (not clear if needed, try without it)
unset LANG (not clear if needed, try without it)
export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH
/usr/bin/cygserver-config
cygserver &

Then you do -

./configure
make
make install

in the source directory.

Then -

export CYGWIN=server (makes initdb use the cygserver)
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

This should work.