plperl / locale / win32

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plperl / locale / win32
Date: 2006-01-21 01:16:08
Lists: pgsql-patches
I was reminded today of the outstanding issue with plperl setting the
locale on Windows, and our environment workaround not working there.

There has been NO response to the bug I filed (#38193) at rt.perl.org
about this issue.

The attached patch adapts one I previously tested as working, but
instead of calling setlocale() directly it gets perl to do it so that
perl and postgres have the same idea of what the locale should be, which
should meet Greg's and Tom's objection to the previous patch. My Windows
machine is currently doing other work, so I can't test right now - if
someone else could that would be nice.

cheers

andrew

pgsql-patches by date