some question about SavePoint ?

From: zhaoxin <zhaox(at)necas(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: some question about SavePoint ?
Date: 2006-01-19 03:44:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I have a question about psqlodbc .

After I execute a SQL , I want to ignore some error ,and continue to
execute my SQL.but I will get some error like that :

"current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block"

I try to use SavePoint to solve this trouble , but I got some problem .
example:
 1. set SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF
 2. SQLConnect()
 3. SQLExecDirect() -> SavePoint sp ;
 4. SQLExecDirect() -> insert into test values(...) ;
 5. SQLExecDirect() -> Release SavePoint sp;
 6. SQLEndTran()    -> commit ;
 7. SQLExecDirect() -> SavePoint sp ;
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 8. SQLExecDirect() -> update test;

Until 6, it return OK, but at 7 , it will return some error like

    "SAVEPOINT may only be used in transaction blocks"

so , I have to use "begin" to start another transaction after I execute
the  "commit" at 6 ?
Why can I use savepoint at 3 without execute any "begin" ???
Or I have some mistake ?
My psqlodbc version is 8.01.01.02(Unicode)

And, I have to use SavePoint to rollback to current SQL?
Don't I have another way in psqlodbc ?

Regards, Zhao.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Michelle KonzackDate: 2006-01-19 10:31:18