Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 22:44:43
Lists: pgsql-www

>> If the system is correctly documented and occasionally tested
>> we should be able to do this.
>
> What I'd like to see is a master svn repository for gforge code that
> we use.  that plus database backups would make for easy restore or
> failover if we have issues.  To not use source control on our changes
> to the gforge code seems a bit silly.  Of course this should be
> isolated on a different machine than the gforge machine.
Well I am 100% for that! I can set up a trac and everything!

> Hey now, don't knock Gentoo.  I was a slackware user since 1994 and
> switched to Gentoo a few years back.  I love it.  It's not like it's
> lfs and portage is pretty damn powerful.  ;-)  Don't let those
> funroll-loops guys fool you, it can be serious on the server side too.
I have you beat... I started with SLS (what Slackware was based off of)
and in general I don't have a problem with Gentoo but I would not use
it in a production server environment. I love using it for development.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/