pglog-analyze / script for slow queries analysis

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)farmacie(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pglog-analyze / script for slow queries analysis
Date: 2006-01-12 18:18:59
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hello everybody,

we are a small company doing web-development - mostly over PosgreSQL,
and as we are wery happy with it we have decided to publish some of
the tools we have written and that proved to be useful (under GPL).

The first tool is a PHP script we use to analyze postgres.log, namely
the slow queries logged there. We've seen PQA and several other
tools, but none of them had the features we demanded, so we wrote
it ourselves. It builds a HTML report with charts by various criteria
(average, median, worst case, ...), details of individual queries,
various kinds of graphs (by hour, by type, by hour, etc.).

You can find it here (along with some screenshots etc.)

http://opensource.pearshealthcyber.cz/

It's the first revision of the first project we publish, but we hope
everything will go smoothly. If you'll find some bug or if you have
some feature you'd like to have in there, let us know. Just write an
e-mail directly to me, as I'm responsible for OS projects, and I'll
try to fix that.

Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)farmacie(dot)cz>
Pears Health Cyber Ltd.

--

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying