Call for Papers: OSCON 2006

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for Papers: OSCON 2006
Date: 2006-01-12 17:54:50
Lists: pgsql-announce
The OSCON "Call for Papers" is now up on O'Reilly's site:

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2006/create/e_sess/

As last year, me, Elein, Trudy (MySQL) and Arjen (MySQL) are the OSCON
committee members specifically from the database community.   We will be
pursuing database talks in some specific in-demand areas.

UNLIKE prior years, this year we are seeking 45-min database sessions
which emphasize practical utility and novel technology which will be
directly useful to non-DBAs.  In other words, case studies and
techniques which are targeted at the Perl, Ruby, Java, PHP, Web2.0 or
other non-DBA programming communities, particularly complete
implementations and case studies showing full applications and/or client
code techniques are preferred.

This is part of a change in the OSCON program in which a session can be
in multiple tracks, and there are no specific track quotas.   It's also
a response to the legendarily low attendence of database talks in the past.

Whether or not goals for tutorials have changed has not yet been set.

If you want to discuss potential submissions, contact any one of the
committee members ( josh(at)postgresql(dot)org ) and we can give you feedback.
  Please share your ideas with us soon -- the deadline is February 13th!
   Please forward where appropriate.

Also, keep in mind that there will be a PostgreSQL Hacker's Conference
this summer as well, details to be announced.

--Josh

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Tomas VondraDate: 2006-01-12 18:18:59