Re: TODO item: list prepared queries

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO item: list prepared queries
Date: 2006-01-02 02:15:24
Lists: pgsql-patches

Joachim Wieland wrote:
> I propose the attached patch for the TODO item:
>
> * %Allow pooled connections to list all prepared queries

Attached is a revised version of this patch, based on some improvements
sent to me offlist by Joachim, as well as some code review and fixes by
myself. Changes:

- the query string in the view is produced by deparsing the parsetree
after the parse-analysis phase using adt/ruleutils (but before the
rewriter or planner have been invoked).

- two new columns: "parameter_types" is an array of oid that contains
the OIDs of the prepared statement's parameters, and "from_sql" is a
boolean field that is true if the prepared statement was prepared via
SQL, and false if it was prepared via the FE/BE protocol.

The docs need some improvement, but I'm not aware of any major remaining
issues with the patch. Comments are welcome -- barring any major
problems, I'll apply the patch tomorrow.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_get_prepared.reworked.7.diff text/plain 33.5 KB