Re: sending mail from Postgres

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sending mail from Postgres
Date: 2005-12-28 22:55:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Yep, we try to keep all the sql in functions/procedures as it makes
updates a lot easier and keeps the business logic seperate from the
client application.
We use native compiled front ends (Delphi) for windows and Lazarus for
everything else. When you keep everything in a function/proc it makes
it a piece of cake to tweak the business logic or update it from a dev box.

I know a lot of coders who use PHP etc put the sql right in the scripts
and that is fine since you can update it without a recompile.

If you catch the errors in you functions and recover from them you won't
need to roll anything back, you would just do a commit.

Later,

Tony