Re: sending mail from Postgres

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sending mail from Postgres
Date: 2005-12-28 22:32:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Tony Caduto schrieb:
> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>

>> We do not talk about exceptions here. I'm talking about transactions.
>> And you never know who will be aborting a transaction after your
>> call to the function. No need for referral to the fine manuals :-)
>>

> Common Tino, you let users abort transactions? Who else is going to be
> aborting transactions besides you the programmer?
> I would never allow that as they would mess everything up.

Actually not. There are several reasons why a transaction can
abort - do you cover all your queries in functions?
This would be a little bit unusual, to say at least.
Every query can fail. Its useless to do error
catching in your app if the server actually rolled back
due to an error and yet sent the mail :-)

Just curious, what framework do you use for your frontend
applications?

Have a nice day
Tino