Re: Libpq++ interface for postgres 8.1

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: Francis Reed <freed(at)iel(dot)ie>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Libpq++ interface for postgres 8.1
Date: 2005-12-21 18:37:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:

>On Wed, December 21, 2005 22:16, Francis Reed wrote:
>>We have implemented the libpq++ interface for earlier versions of postgres
>>7.x. We see that libpqxx is now the defacto.
>I wouldn't say libpqxx was de facto; it's documented as the current C++
>API (which I guess makes it de jure) and has been for several years.  But
>that does not mean you'll be forced to migrate; you should still be able
>to build libpq++ with current libpq versions or if that is not an option,
>to continue using 7.x libpq versions with the latest backends.

Speaking of libpqxx has anyone noticed that if you go to the website you
are presented with
big old banner and you have to actually click:

  Continue to PQXX.TK: libpqxx - Open-Source C++ database API for
PostgreSQL <>

Or you can wait 15 seconds... Not to mention the popup window...

Not very cool. Or presentable as a C++ api for the world's most advanced
source database.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl -