Re: Applet - JDBC?

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Leonardo Ribeiro Queiros <leonardo(at)eee(dot)ufg(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Applet - JDBC?
Date: 2005-12-20 21:26:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Leonardo Ribeiro Queiros wrote:

> Erro: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> Erro: Conexão negada. Verifique se o nome da máquina e a porta estão
> corretos e se o postmaster está aceitando conexões TCP/IP

I guess this is a localization of "Connection refused"?

Can you use psql running on the client machine to connect to the server
successfully? If not, JDBC isn't going to work either. I'd check for
firewalls between the client and server.

From JDBC's perspective, it's tried to establish a TCP connection to
port 5432 on your server and got a connection refused error. There is
nothing that the driver can do about that, you've got a connectivity
problem somewhere.

-O