Re: Login problem

From: "Danjel Jungersen" <danjel(at)jungersen(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Login problem
Date: 2005-12-20 17:22:43
Lists: pgsql-novice
On 20 Dec 2005 at 12:05, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Danjel Jungersen" <danjel(at)jungersen(dot)dk> writes:
> > On 20 Dec 2005 at 8:37, John DeSoi wrote:
> >> Do you know who created the database cluster with initdb? Perhaps
> >> they used their own user name rather than postgres.
>
> > I did :-)
> > as root...
>
> I don't think so.  initdb refuses to run as root.  However, the default
> PG superuser account will be named the same as the Unix account that you
> used to run initdb.
Well, I did run it as root, but I have just this moment figured it
out, the name was _postgresql (I have no idea where that name comes
from)...
I got the tip from the startupscript hint...

My next problem, is that it refuses to let me log in from phpPgAdmin,
but I will post again, if I cannot get it to work after a bit more
testing :-)

Thank you all for your help so far !!

Best regards
Danjel