Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> I believe that by default the custom format is gzip'd, which also means
> you probably couldn't exclude just the timestamp. Though if you're using
> rsync, I think there's a good chance it would only tranfer the first few
> hundred KB...
Yes that is true.
What I forgot to mention is that our backups are made with rsnapshot.
This means that if files have changed, a complete copy of the file is
* *** Dick Visser TIENHUIS Networking
** * * Touwbaan 68 P: +31206843731
* * *** 1018 HS Amsterdam F: +31208641420
* * * * The Netherlands M: +31622698108
* ** * IP-phone (SIP)/email: dick(at)tienhuis(dot)nl
* * * PGP-key: http://www.tienhuis.nl/gpg.txt
* * * Webcam: http://www.tienhuis.nl/cam2.asx
In response to
pgsql-admin by date
|Next:||From: Boguk Maxim||Date: 2005-12-20 09:16:18|
|Subject: Some strange issues with VACUUM on one table.|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2005-12-20 02:51:43|
|Subject: Re: PG8.1 - Config file check |