Re: Upcoming PG re-releases

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Upcoming PG re-releases
Date: 2005-12-11 05:30:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I don't see it asked very often, and I think our 8.1 releae note
> addition (plus a mention in the 8.1.1 notes) will complete this.

Actually a "upgrade" FAQ is probably a good idea. Something that says
what really happens
when foo changes in 8.1 or how foo is different then 8.0.

The idea that there is a practical (for those that have practical
implications) resource for finding
out what it really means that the UTF-8 stuff changed .

Joshua D. Drake