error while creating database

From: "Karthik(dot)S" <skarthik(at)midascomm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error while creating database
Date: 2005-12-06 12:33:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear all,

I am using postgres version: 7.1.3 in Red hat linux : 7.2.

I am having a script(uses psql) which drops and creates a database by
logging
into 'template1'. This will be invoked from crontab.

Sometimes (nearly 50% of the times) the database creation fails by saying
"ERROR: CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being
accessed by other users"

But I am sure that none of my scripts access 'template1' at that time.
I have also checked the 'ps -afx' output (logged at the time of failing),
but no suspects found.

Kindly give me a solution to overcome this problem.
Also kindly tell me a way to find, which process is accessing the
template1.

Thanks in advance.

regards
KArthik.S