Declare/Fetch with For Update

From: "alexandre :: aldeia digital" <alepaes(at)aldeiadigital(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Declare/Fetch with For Update
Date: 2002-09-10 14:21:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I use psqlodbc-07_02_0002 and the query:

select x,y from ZZZ for update of ZZZ

Will be trasformed in :

declare SQL_CURxxx cursor for select x,y from ZZZ OF ZZZ

When I use declare/fetch, causing an error "near OF" because
the supress of 'for update'.
The ODBC driver may be bypass the use of declare/fetch when
the select have the 'for update' clause (or others wich update
rows), or I miss something ?
I need the 'for update', but the optimization of declare/fetch
are incredible in other parts of my application.

Thank´s all

Alexandre