Re: need information

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <francisco(at)npgsql(dot)org>
To: Peeyush <peeyush_jain(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, npgsql-devel <npgsql-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: need information
Date: 2009-04-15 18:10:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general pgsql-performance

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 07:57, Peeyush <peeyush_jain(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in> wrote:
> Hey guys,

Hi, Peeyush!

> I need some information on
>
> 1. What are the best features of Npgsql product as compare to other
> commercial .net data providers?

Well, the first one is that it is opensource. :)

We are working actively on it and we try to provide as fast as
possible the features our users need. Although some times we don't
deliver them as fast as we wished :(

We already have a very nice code base which can give you almost
anything you would need in your programs.

Please, give it a try and let us know what you think.

> 2. If you have encountered any major problems, bugs or performance issue
> etc... With this product?

Well, one of the biggest performance problems we have but we already
did some performance tunning is with bytea handling. It used to take a
lot of time with large data.

Our current performance problem is with prepared statements. Npgsql
still needs some tunning on this.

I think this is it for while.

As Albe already said, you would get a good feedback if you post your
question to our forum.

Thanks in advance.

I hope it helps.

--