[ANN] Npgsql2 Beta3 Released!! - Correction

From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot)" <francisco(at)npgsql(dot)org>
To: Mono-list <mono-list(at)lists(dot)ximian(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, npgsql-devel <npgsql-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: [ANN] Npgsql2 Beta3 Released!! - Correction
Date: 2008-04-07 10:26:52
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-interfaces

Hi, all!!

The Npgsql Development Team is proud to announce the Npgsql2 Beta3 release!

Npgsql is a .Net Data provider written 100% in C# which allows .net
programs to talk to postgresql backends. Npgsql is licensed under BSD.
More info can be obtained from http://www.npgsql.org

This release is one of the better done for Npgsql ever.

One of the big highlights of it is the great job on scalability done
by Jon Hanna. Npgsql, by default, doesn't cache all the data read from
database before delivering it to clients. Now it is delivered on
demand which gives a big benefit regarding used memory and
consequently in scalability as application servers will be able to use
the memory which was being used by Npgsql in past. You can see some
details here:
http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/preloadScalabilty.html

Another highlight is the release of a version with support for
Entity Framework beta3.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADO.NET_Entity_Framework and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa697427(VS.80).aspx) Thanks
Josh Cooley for this!
This support is available on .net 3.5 and is our first release with
this type of support. Please, give it a try and let us know what you
get.

You can see full changelog and release notes here:
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=1124

You can dowload it from here: http://downloads.npgsql.org
Direct links:

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1733/Npgsql2.0beta3-bin-mono2.0.tar.bz2
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1730/Npgsql2.0beta3-bin-EntityFrameworkBeta3.zip
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1729/Npgsql2.0beta3-bin-ms.net2.0.zip
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/1732/Npgsql2.0beta3-src.zip

I'd like to thank God for allowing me to do that.

I'd like to thank Josh Cooley for all his help. Jon Hanna for his
great job adding on demand data fetching, Alaric Dailey, David
Bachmann and Hiroshi Saito for all their feedback and patches and all
users who sent bug reports, comments and fixes. We couldn't make it
without your help. Thank you very much!

Please, give it a try and let us know if you have any problems.
Check out our forums: http://forums.npgsql.org

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.